About the NC Sustainable Energy Association
The NC Sustainable Energy Association drives public policy & market development to create clean energy jobs, economic opportunities, and affordable energy to benefit North Carolina.
North Carolina leads the way to abundant and accessible clean energy – the foundation for economic prosperity.
Our work is guided by five key values:
1. Respect - The NC Sustainable Energy Association values the positions and beliefs held by all energy stakeholders, believing that
collaborative problem-solving begins with respectfully meeting each other where we are at.
2. Collaboration - The NC Sustainable Energy Association creates an interconnected and collaborative environment among clean
3. Integrity - The NC Sustainable Energy Association communicates honest and accurate information.
4. Inclusive - The NC Sustainable Energy Association promotes a diverse set of clean energy solutions.
5. Responsive - The NC Sustainable Energy Association serves as a timely and valuable resource to clean energy stakeholders.
As a result of our efforts, North Carolina will develop and maintain:
A legislative and regulatory environment that supports the North Carolina Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard, information transparency, clean energy financing options, and fair transmission and distribution access.
- An engaged clean energy business community that advocates for a supportive legislative and regulatory environment.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1978, the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association is a 501(c)3 nonprofit membership organization of individuals, businesses, government and non-profits interested in North Carolina's sustainable energy future. Located in Raleigh, but active statewide, the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association is the leading nonprofit in North Carolina devoted to leading public policy change and driving market development in ways that will create clean energy jobs.
The North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association knows that it takes much more than one program, policy or group to achieve a sustainable energy future and economy for North Carolina. That is why we work with the NC Sustainable Energy Association's members, government officials, business leaders, communities, partner organizations and the public. We believe the key to success is through removing policy barriers to market development, advocating for policies that will lead to a clean energy future, and educating North Carolinians about renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The NC Sustainable Energy Association was founded on February 15, 1978 as the NC Solar Energy Association "to further solar energy and related arts, sciences, and technologies with concern for the ecologic, social, and economic fabric of the state." A lot has changed since then, including our name (2003), our mission (2004), and certainly our size.
For more than 33 years, the NC Sustainable Energy Associationhas been a leader in shaping North Carolina's commitment to renewable energy, energy efficiency, high-performance building, and clean energy jobs and economic opportunities in communities all across our state. NCSEA's expert staff members, volunteers and Board of Directors are working for all North Carolinians at the forefront of energy policy to create an informed base of energy consumers and to facilitate clean energy market development.
The NC Sustainable Energy Association is also a chapter of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES).
The NC Sustainable Energy Association is also a chapter of the Advanced Energy Economy.
Click here to learn more about the scope of the NC Sustainable Energy Association's work.
Click here to view the NC Sustainable Energy Association's 2010-11 Annual Report.
Click here to view the NC Sustainable Energy Association's most recent IRS Form 990.
- Images throughout this web site are courtesy of NCSEA, Southern Energy Management, Argand Energy Solutions, FLS Energy, and Semprius -