Amidst a week of news reports about Duke Energy’s lack of need for new solar capacity to comply with state solar requirements, Progress Energy Carolinas (PEC) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for additional solar photovoltaic (PV) resources....
Exelon Energy is a major generation company, and one that is heavily invested in nuclear. Over 93% of their 31,000 megawatt fleet is nuclear fueled, making Exelon the owner of Americas largest nuclear generation portfolio and the third largest nuclear fleet in the world. However, the big news out of Exelon this past week was not a new nuclear proposal, but instead a major acquisition of renewable energy assets.
- »North Carolina s electric cooperatives warn of scam affecting consumers & small business owners
- »Funding available for projects reducing transportation-related emissions in NC
- »Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas announce $5 billion gas pipeline project
- »Commission Orders in DEC's Cost Recovery Dockets
- »Making Energy Work 2014 Countdown!
- »Uptown Startup Hub CLT Joules Fuels Clean-Energy Innovation
- Policy Updates
- Press Releases
- Utility Commission
- Renewable Energy Facility Registration
- Energy Efficiency
- National Renewable Business Activity
- North Carolina Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Industries Census
- Economic Development
- Industry Trends and Perceptions
- NC General Assembly
- electric vehicles
- Fuel Efficiency
- Success Stories
- Electric Vehicles
- Smart Grid
- Electric Vehicle