NC Sustainable Energy Association’s COVID Event Policy
NC Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) is committed to providing a safe and healthy experience for all event attendees. We have developed the following COVID plan, which includes policies and procedures to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID, in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) policy.
Safety Guidelines for NCSEA-Sponsored Events:
- Vaccination and COVID Testing:
- NCSEA requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to arriving at an event. (In accordance with the CDC, “full vaccination” refers to the primary series of vaccination doses. Booster vaccines are strongly recommended, but not required as part of vaccination requirements).
- Attendees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID may attend an event as long as they can provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of an event. COVID test results must be issued from a qualified laboratory or healthcare facility, and must include the date, location, type and results of the test.
- Mask Policy:
- NCSEA has implemented a “mask-friendly” policy. Masks will not be required but anyone who wishes to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
- Advanced Hygiene:
- Frequent hand-washing upon arrival and during the event is encouraged; hand sanitizer will also be available at all events for frequent use.
- Please stay home regardless of vaccination status if:
- You are experiencing COVID-related symptoms (i.e. fever, cough, cold symptoms, shortness of breath, headache, body aches, etc.)
- You have tested positive for COVID within 5 days of the event.
- You have been tested for COVID within 72 hours prior to the event and have not yet received the results.
- You have been exposed within 72 hours prior to the event to someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID.
- See refund terms below.
Because of this protocol,
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
- Contact information and vaccination status of registrants will be collected during registration. This information will only be kept in NCSEA’s records and not shared publicly.
- Although event walk-ups will be permitted, you must provide a vaccination card or a negative COVID test at check-in. You must also complete a NCSEA Waiver Statement before entering. NCSEA staff with be available to assist with this prior to your entry.
- If an attendee tests positive within 14 days following the event, the attendee agrees to notify NCSEA of such positive test and any other information that it is lawful for attendee to release that relates to possible COVID exposure related to attendees’ event as soon as possible following attendees’ receipt of notice. To contact NCSEA on this matter, please reach out to Karen Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COVID and [name of the event].”
- If you test positive for COVID within 72 hours prior to the event, a full refund will be provided.
- If you are experiencing COVID-related symptoms, within 72 hours prior to the event, a partial refund (50%) will be provided.
- If an attendee cannot provide a negative test, due to a delay in test results, a partial refund (50%) will be provided.
- If an attendee has been exposed to someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID, within 72 hours prior to the event, a partial refund (50%) will be provided.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event due to general illness, scheduling conflicts, or other factors.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- Refund requests must be made prior to the event by email.
To request a refund or for more questions, please reach out to Karen Gardner at email@example.com with the subject line “Refund and [name of the event.]”
Event Cancellation/ Postponement
- NCSEA reserves the right to cancel an event due to low registrations or any other circumstances.
- If NCSEA cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer their registration to the same event at the new, future date.