Energy Efficiency Guides
The following is a listing of guides that will help you and your business reduce your energy use at home, in the office and on the road.
Energy Savers Booklet - A 36 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, provides easy, practical solutions and tips for saving energy today.
Home Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at home.
Proper Insulation Installation - A one page summary provided by NCSC that describes the various types of insulation available and how to properly install them.
Top 10 Tips to Stay Cool this Summer and Save Money - A one page guide provided by Energysavers.gov.
Energy Efficiency Trends in Residential and Commercial Buildings - A 32 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, documents emerging trends in energy efficiency in the U.S. buildings sector based on published data.
Facility Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use, specific to your building.
Office Energy Saving Tips - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at your office.
High Performance Portable Classrooms - A three page summary, provided by the North Carolina Solar Center, outlines benefits and recommendations for purchasing high performance portable classrooms.
Connecting to the Grid - A 51 page guide, developed by the North Carolina Solar Center and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, designed for state regulators and other policymakers, utilities, industry representatives and consumers interested in the development of state level interconnection standards.
Creating an Energy Awareness Program: A Handbook for Federal Energy Managers - A 28 page guide, provided by the Dept. of Energy, designed to support the efforts of Federal Energy Managers in reducing their agency's efforts to reduce energy shortages and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
- »Raleigh tops Charlotte on 'Shining Cities' list for solar development
- »New Report Documents Clean Energy's Positive Economic Impact
- » N.C. Smart Fleet Initiative Announced
- »Avoided Cost Rates Filed and 2014 Biennial Avoided Cost Proceeding Open
- »Solar Adopters Weigh In at the NC Utilities Commission to Oppose Changes to Net Metering
- »g-bit Market Intelligence Software Aims to Identify Decision Points in Energy and Environmental Trends
- »NCSEA Acts to Protect Rooftop Solar
- »Take Action - Protect Rooftop Solar
- »Free Enterprise under Attack in North Carolina
- »Advanced Energy Now 2014 Market Report
- »North Carolina Ranks 7th State in Nation for LEED Green Building
- »2014 Legislative Agenda
- »Make a Tax-Deductible Donation in 2014 and double your impact.
- »NCSEA sets the record straight on clean energy benefits before Joint Legislative Commission
- »A Look inside the Census: 2013 Clean Energy FTE by Business Sector
- »2013 Census Holds Solid Numbers for NC Clean Energy Economy
- »Solar Development with a Local Twist
- »Crossborder Energy Study Reveals Benefits/Costs of Solar Generation in NC
- »2014 Making Energy Work Annual Conference
- »2014 Annual Sustainable Energy Conference
- »City of Raleigh Environmental Awards Program
- »Sustain Charlotte's 3rd Annual Community Sustainability Awards + Earth Day Celebration
- »Planning and Zoning for Solar in NC: Live Webinar
- »Best Practice Code-Compliant PV System Design
- »Introduction to PV System Design & Construction (NABCEP)
- »Distributed Solar East - 2014
- »The Next Generation of Housing - CE for REALTORS
- »Community-based Landfill Gas Development Workshop
- »American Solar Energy Society 43rd annual National Solar Conference
- »The Southeast Alternative Fuels Conference & Expo