Energy Efficiency Guides
The following is a listing of guides that will help you and your business reduce your energy use at home, in the office and on the road.
Energy Savers Booklet - A 36 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, provides easy, practical solutions and tips for saving energy today.
Home Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at home.
Proper Insulation Installation - A one page summary provided by NCSC that describes the various types of insulation available and how to properly install them.
Top 10 Tips to Stay Cool this Summer and Save Money - A one page guide provided by Energysavers.gov.
Energy Efficiency Trends in Residential and Commercial Buildings - A 32 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, documents emerging trends in energy efficiency in the U.S. buildings sector based on published data.
Facility Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use, specific to your building.
Office Energy Saving Tips - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at your office.
High Performance Portable Classrooms - A three page summary, provided by the North Carolina Solar Center, outlines benefits and recommendations for purchasing high performance portable classrooms.
Connecting to the Grid - A 51 page guide, developed by the North Carolina Solar Center and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, designed for state regulators and other policymakers, utilities, industry representatives and consumers interested in the development of state level interconnection standards.
Creating an Energy Awareness Program: A Handbook for Federal Energy Managers - A 28 page guide, provided by the Dept. of Energy, designed to support the efforts of Federal Energy Managers in reducing their agency's efforts to reduce energy shortages and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
- »The NC Sustainable Energy Association Partners with Appalachian State University for the Appalachian Energy Summit July 28-30
- »Cost Recovery Docket Wrap-Up
- »Now Accepting Nominations for the 2014 Clean Energy Awards
- »Solar Farms taking root in North Carolina
- »N.C. Solar Center changes its name to N.C. Clean Energy Technology Center
- »Argand Energy Solutions Announces the Sale of Majority Interest in the Company
- »NC Leads in Producing Clean Energy from Swine Waste
- »Electric Cooperative Representatives Converge at General Assembly, Discuss Energy Issues with State Legislators
- »Don't Miss NCSEA at the ASHRAE 2014 Annual Conference
- »NCSEA Announces Affinity Partnership Program
- »Cost Recovery Docket Update
- »NCSEA Legislative Weekly Update
- »NCSEA at ASHRAE 2014 Annual Conference June 28-July 2 in Seattle
- »Alternative Fuel Vehicle First Responder Training Now Online
- »NCSEA Poll Confirms North Carolina's Overwhelming Support of Clean and Affordable Energy
- »Poll Confirms North Carolina's Overwhelming Support of Clean Energy
- »Poll Shows NC Voters Still Support Clean Energy
- »Cost Recovery Docket Update
- »USDA Announces Effort to Cut Energy Costs for Farmers, Ranchers, Rural Small Businesses
- »Will You Share Your Energy Efficiency Success Story with Us?
- »Solar Adopters Continue to File Statements at the NC Utilities Commission In Opposition of Changes to Net Metering
- »2014 Environmental Awards Recognize Raleighs Best Environmental Stewards
- »NCSEA Receives Community Sustainability Award from Sustain Charlotte
- »Top Business Leaders Make the Business Case for Clean Energy
- »New Report Documents Clean Energy's Positive Economic Impact
- » N.C. Smart Fleet Initiative Announced
- »Solar Adopters Weigh In at the NC Utilities Commission to Oppose Changes to Net Metering
- »g-bit Market Intelligence Software Aims to Identify Decision Points in Energy and Environmental Trends
- »Free Enterprise under Attack in North Carolina
- »North Carolina Ranks 7th State in Nation for LEED Green Building
- »Make a Tax-Deductible Donation in 2014 and double your impact.
- »2014 Making Energy Work Annual Conference
- »Planning for, Regulating, Permitting and Inspecting Solar Energy
- »BPI Building Analyst
- »Sustainability Business Tools for the Workplace
- »LEED Green Associate - Exam Preparation (2 day)
- »Creating a Sustainable Landscaping Habitat
- »Regulatory Financial Updates for Renewable Energy in North Carolina
- »Duke University: Energy Mix
- »Money Saving Energy Auditing Tools for Facility Operators
- »Solar Thermal Water Heating Workshop
- »Green Guidelines & Certifications for Homes
- »REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with Photovoltaics
- »Microhydro System Design & Installation
- »Building Energy Efficiency & Indoor Environmental Quality
- »The Southeast Alternative Fuels Conference & Expo
- »NC Building Performance Conference
- »The Economic Impact Analysis of Clean Energy Development in North Carolina
- »2013 NC Clean Energy Industry Census
- »Template Solar Energy Development Ordinance for North Carolina
- »A Citizen's Guide: North Carolina Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard
- »Levelized Cost of Solar Photovoltaics in North Carolina 2012