Energy Efficiency Guides
The following is a listing of guides that will help you and your business reduce your energy use at home, in the office and on the road.
Energy Savers Booklet - A 36 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, provides easy, practical solutions and tips for saving energy today.
Home Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at home.
Proper Insulation Installation - A one page summary provided by NCSC that describes the various types of insulation available and how to properly install them.
Top 10 Tips to Stay Cool this Summer and Save Money - A one page guide provided by Energysavers.gov.
Energy Efficiency Trends in Residential and Commercial Buildings - A 32 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, documents emerging trends in energy efficiency in the U.S. buildings sector based on published data.
Facility Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use, specific to your building.
Office Energy Saving Tips - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at your office.
High Performance Portable Classrooms - A three page summary, provided by the North Carolina Solar Center, outlines benefits and recommendations for purchasing high performance portable classrooms.
Connecting to the Grid - A 51 page guide, developed by the North Carolina Solar Center and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, designed for state regulators and other policymakers, utilities, industry representatives and consumers interested in the development of state level interconnection standards.
Creating an Energy Awareness Program: A Handbook for Federal Energy Managers - A 28 page guide, provided by the Dept. of Energy, designed to support the efforts of Federal Energy Managers in reducing their agency's efforts to reduce energy shortages and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
- »Making Energy Work 2014 Countdown!
- »Commission Orders in DEC's Cost Recovery Dockets
- »Uptown Startup Hub CLT Joules Fuels Clean-Energy Innovation
- »Three New Utility-Scale Solar Farms Add 20 MW to North Carolinas Solar Surge
- » ReVenture Park Receives Excellence in Site Reuse Award from EPA Region 4
- »Sustain Charlotte Publishes Inaugural Report Card on the Economic, Environmental and Social Health of Mecklenburg County
- »CLT Joules Expands Energy Accelerator Three Additional Startups Accepted for Growth Initiative
- »Cost Recovery Docket Wrap-Up
- »Solar Farms taking root in North Carolina
- »N.C. Solar Center changes its name to N.C. Clean Energy Technology Center
- »Argand Energy Solutions Announces the Sale of Majority Interest in the Company
- »NC Leads in Producing Clean Energy from Swine Waste
- »Electric Cooperative Representatives Converge at General Assembly, Discuss Energy Issues with State Legislators
- »NCSEA Announces Affinity Partnership Program
- »Cost Recovery Docket Update
- »NCSEA at ASHRAE 2014 Annual Conference June 28-July 2 in Seattle
- »NCSEA Poll Confirms North Carolina's Overwhelming Support of Clean and Affordable Energy
- »Poll Shows NC Voters Still Support Clean Energy
- »Solar Adopters Continue to File Statements at the NC Utilities Commission In Opposition of Changes to Net Metering
- »2014 Environmental Awards Recognize Raleighs Best Environmental Stewards
- »NCSEA Receives Community Sustainability Award from Sustain Charlotte
- »Top Business Leaders Make the Business Case for Clean Energy
- »New Report Documents Clean Energy's Positive Economic Impact
- »g-bit Market Intelligence Software Aims to Identify Decision Points in Energy and Environmental Trends
- »North Carolina Ranks 7th State in Nation for LEED Green Building
- »Make a Tax-Deductible Donation in 2014 and double your impact.
- »2014 Making Energy Work Annual Conference
- »Solar Thermal Water Heating Workshop
- »Sustainable Winemaking
- »Green Guidelines & Certifications for Homes
- »REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with Photovoltaics
- »Wilmington Workplace Charging Workshop
- »National Drive Electric Week North Hills Event
- »Charlotte Workplace Charging Workshop
- »Asheville Workplace Charging Workshop
- »Solar PV NABCEP Entry Level Exam Prep
- »Microhydro System Design & Installation
- »Building Energy Efficiency & Indoor Environmental Quality
- »The Southeast Alternative Fuels Conference & Expo
- »NC Building Performance Conference
- »The Economic Impact Analysis of Clean Energy Development in North Carolina
- »2013 NC Clean Energy Industry Census
- »Template Solar Energy Development Ordinance for North Carolina
- »A Citizen's Guide: North Carolina Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard
- »Levelized Cost of Solar Photovoltaics in North Carolina 2012