Energy Efficiency Guides
The following is a listing of guides that will help you and your business reduce your energy use at home, in the office and on the road.
Energy Savers Booklet - A 36 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, provides easy, practical solutions and tips for saving energy today.
Home Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at home.
Proper Insulation Installation - A one page summary provided by NCSC that describes the various types of insulation available and how to properly install them.
Top 10 Tips to Stay Cool this Summer and Save Money - A one page guide provided by Energysavers.gov.
Energy Efficiency Trends in Residential and Commercial Buildings - A 32 page guide, developed by the Dept. of Energy, documents emerging trends in energy efficiency in the U.S. buildings sector based on published data.
Facility Energy Checklist - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use, specific to your building.
Office Energy Saving Tips - A simple checklist of energy conservation/efficiency measures to use at your office.
High Performance Portable Classrooms - A three page summary, provided by the North Carolina Solar Center, outlines benefits and recommendations for purchasing high performance portable classrooms.
Connecting to the Grid - A 51 page guide, developed by the North Carolina Solar Center and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, designed for state regulators and other policymakers, utilities, industry representatives and consumers interested in the development of state level interconnection standards.
Creating an Energy Awareness Program: A Handbook for Federal Energy Managers - A 28 page guide, provided by the Dept. of Energy, designed to support the efforts of Federal Energy Managers in reducing their agency's efforts to reduce energy shortages and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
- »Advanced Energy Proposal for Low-Income Rooftop Solar Program
- »Crossborder Energy Study Reveals Benefits/Costs of Solar Generation in NC
- »NC Senator Apodaca Honored for Leadership on Clean Energy
- »Local Businesses, Individuals, Public Officials Honored for Leadership on Clean Energy
- »Industry Experts, Local Officials Conclude Input on Guidance for Solar Projects
- »Solar Continues To Rise In North Carolina
- »NARENCO Introduces New Kind of Farming in Warsaw
- »Best Rates Going Fast for Making Energy Work Hotel Accommodations
- »NCSEA Hires Christy Marcinkowski as Event Planner
- »NCSEA Accepts Gail Lindsey Sustainability Award From AIA
- »NCSEA and NC Poultry Federation Concerns Addressed by NC Utilities Commission
- »NCSEA Receives Fearless Leader Sustainable Business Award from USGBC NC
- »REPS Order Reporting Made Perpetual
- »IOU Response to Promising Order in IRP for Customer Data Access
- »NC Chamber: Energy Conference
- »NC Sustainable Energy Association Holiday Party
- »GreenNC 2013- A Symposium For The Building Industry
- »LEED Green Associate Exam Prep Course
- »#SustainStrat: Sustainability Education and Training
- »BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Specialist Certification
- »Introduction to PV System Design & Construction (NABCEP)