Solar Educator/Inside Sales
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 2/19/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: < 1 year
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Description and Detail
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you! Southern Energy Management (SEM), a mission-driven B-Corp and leader in energy efficiency and renewable energy, is currently seeking a full-time inside sales associate to support its energy efficiency and solar energy teams. The inside sales associate position serves as the first stop on our customers’ journeys and is a critical position at SEM. The ideal candidate for this position will be an excellent communicator, positive and enthusiastic, driven to succeed, and with a strong commitment to sustainable energy and business practices
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Educate potential customers on how solar works, its benefits, and what make SEM different than other companies
- Promptly respond to inbound leads via email, text message, and/or phone and log activities Staffing and supporting marketing events (farmers markets, home shows, etc)
- Ensure accurate lead data entry and reporting
- Assist outside sales team with residential and commercial proposal generation and modeling
- Respond to SEM’s social media comments and inquiries
Wearing many hats: SEM is a small, dynamic team. As a result, you may be asked to contribute to tasks and take on responsibilities that are not covered in the list above. We need an adaptable, team player who is willing to support the team and our mission!
- Friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to “read” a customer by phone and guide the conversation
- Ability to manage time well to meet deadlines, goals, and quotas
- Ability to build relationships with existing customers and generate referrals
- Motivated and driven to succeed in selling sustainable, clean energy solutions
- Flexible evening and weekend schedule for supporting sales and event needs
- At least one year of previous sales experience in a consumer-facing role
- (B2C) Proficient
- Google Suite/Microsoft Office especially Google Sheets/Excel
- Proficient in Salesforce.com or another CRM system
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. SEM offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, 401(k) and more.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.