Organization: Carolina Solar Services
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
How to Apply
Description and Detail
- Facilitate new client onboarding
- Serve as the lead contact for both communication and client relationship management between company and clients
- Field client requests, appropriately route requests internally, and update clients on job status
- Manage delivery of routine client reports and development of custom reports
- Verify that Company is meeting its contractual requirements to clients
- Project management and warranty management administration for clients
- Manage client spare parts inventory and material procurement
- Ensure premium level client service and satisfaction Infrequent and minimal overnight travel as necessary
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with continued growth.
Candidate Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant experience
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.