Organization: NC GreenPower
Date Posted: 10/30/2018
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 3-4 years
How to Apply
Description and Detail
About NC GreenPower: With the mission of improving the quality of the environment in North Carolina, the nonprofit NC GreenPower was founded in 2003 as a statewide program. NC GreenPower helps to connect consumers with renewable energy and carbon offset providers to create positive environmental and economic impacts for our state. All projects supported by the program are located in North Carolina. In 2015, NC GreenPower launched a new pilot to support solar PV installations at K12 schools.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Coordinate and perform administrative support activities for assigned business unit (NC GreenPower, or NCGP) and/or team.
- Provide administrative support to NCGP (~75-80%); provide back up for other administrative
assistants as needed (~20-25%).
- Perform front office duties including reception, switchboard, mail distribution and other
administrative support to staff.
- Create, update and maintain documents/files using MS Office software; may include calendaring,
presentations, graphs, spreadsheets, mailing lists, correspondence, etc.
- Perform data entry into relevant databases; create and maintain routine and ad-hoc reports as
- Coordinate and arrange staff travel.
- Respond to customer, supplier, vendor and public inquiries.
- Troubleshoot office equipment issues and provide support to staff.
- Assist with providing training and work coordination for junior staff and interns.
- Provide general administrative support and coordinate logistics for corporate events, workshops,
social activities, etc. as requested.
- Assist in marketing of events and process registrations or sign-ups.
- Negotiate, secure and coordinate event site and catering.
- Prepare information and materials for events and/or workshops, and disseminate to participants.
- Serve as point of contact for events and event coordination.
- Assist with accounting processes – process credit card receipts and billings, log deposits.
- Prepare purchase orders and check requests for payments.
- Maintain and operate billing processes for teams to submit to accounting for invoicing.
- Assist with data collection, preparation and reporting.
- Prepare and disseminate surveys to internal staff and/or external clients and compile information.
- Recommend and coordinate vendors supplying NCGP with products or services, such as
warehousing, freight shipping, etc.
- Take detailed minutes of meetings; may include staff meetings, board meetings, etc.
- Provide administrative support and/or coordination for special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in business administration or relevant field
- 3-4 years as Administrative Assistant.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products.
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance required.
- Individual must have excellent organizational skills, be very detailed oriented, take the initiative on responsibilities, and be able to work independently and with minimal direction. Must have a positive attitude, be able to multi-task and prioritize many activities, and have sensitivity in dealing with customers and confidential information.
- Normal office environment.
- Light to moderate amounts of in-state travel will be required.
- Should be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds and perform light manual labor.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.