Builder Services Associate
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 1/10/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Experience Requirement: <1 year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
We are seeking a full-time Builder Services Associate responsible for supporting our operations team. This support role is responsible for creating energy models using building plans and assisting our project manager with administrative and other supportive tasks. This is a great opportunity to learn a wide range of skill-sets centered around sustainable and energy efficient construction, while supporting a mission driven company. The ideal candidate will be motivated, flexible, eager to learn, and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project a success. This is a 'utility type' position, your day to day will vary greatly, and a desire to learn and to be challenged constantly is an expectation.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Create Energy Models off of building plans, using Ekotrope's software
- Provide feedback to internal and external clients on energy model's results
- Assist Project Manager, including administrative duties centered around a utility incentive.
- Troubleshoot compliance issues with energy model and incentive program.
- QA data entry issues from the field team
- Using Microsoft excel to run reports, analyze data for our clients, and to complete internal projects
- Accessing our client’s online portals and transferring critical information to our systems
- Other duties that our Operations Team may need support with
- Excellent computer skills, this is a computer intensive position
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry (demonstrate the ability to type >40 words per minute).
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to self-check quality
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Sheets
- Experience or education in the building sciences is a plus
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus
- Experience in plan review, CAD, or energy modeling a plus
- Knowledge and experience in energy efficient and sustainable construction programs is a plus
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of SEM is a must.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.