Building Performance Field Technician - Wilmington
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 10/15/2018
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: < 1 year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘be the change’ by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working independently and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen ‘attitude? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Residential Building Performance Field Technician responsible for performing visual inspections, collecting field data, testing home performance, and verifying single-family homes to various green ratings and certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more. The majority of your time is in the field and will require daily travel throughout NC and northern SC coastal markets (Jacksonville to Myrtle Beach).
The ideal candidate will be flexible, eager to learn and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project a success.
Duties and Qualifications
- Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage.
- Inspect new buildings for compliance with required energy efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC.
- Accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data.
- Work closely and collaboratively with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards.
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Fast and accurate data entry (demonstrate the ability to type >40 words per minute).
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet unassisted.
- Ability to work outdoors, in basements, crawl spaces and attics.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Access to a reliable vehicle with adequate space for the transport of equipment. OSHA 10 preferred.
- Experience with HERS ratings and energy modeling software preferred.
- Basic energy modeling skills is a definite plus.
- Having the HERS Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred.
- Good customer relationship skills are of utmost importance
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of SEM is a must.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.