Building Performance Field Technician
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 3/20/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School/GED
Experience Requirement: <1 Year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘be the change’ by playing an important part is something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working independently and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen‘ attitude? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Residential Building Performance Field Technician responsible for performing visual inspections, collecting field data and verifying single-family homes to various green ratings and certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more. The majority of your time is in the field and will require daily travel throughout SEM’s Charlotte market.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, eager to learn and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project a success.
- Work directly in the field with builders and trades, helping them reach their energy efficiency and sustainability goals.
- Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage.
- Inspect new buildings for compliance with required energy efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC.
- Accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data.
- Work closely and collaboratively with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Experience, education, or training in High Performance residential construction
- Having the HERS Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred.
- Good customer relationship skills are of utmost importance as the position requires working closely with builders, trades, and other clients.
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of SEM is a must.
- Experience with HERS ratings and modeling software preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Strong computer and software skills
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet unassisted.
- Ability to work outdoors, in basements, crawl spaces and attics.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- OSHA 10 preferred.