CLEAN ENERGY COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Description and Detail
NC Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA), located in Raleigh NC, is a non-profit advocacy organization that drives policy and market development to create clean energy jobs, economic opportunities and affordable energy. NCSEA has served as a respected, trusted and collaborative resource to North Carolina and beyond since 1978. Our goal is to cultivate a robust clean energy ecosystem that unifies and benefits all its stakeholders: consumers, businesses, the clean energy industry and utility energy providers.
NCSEA has an exciting internship available in our Raleigh office for a current undergraduate or graduate student. This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, and may be eligible for extension into the 2020-2021 school year.
The intern will work on our Communications Team supporting several day-to-day functions that include:
- Managing NCSEA's social media accounts through strategy development,
content creation, and posting
- Writing and editing monthly newsletters
- Updating NCSEA’s website with new content and information
- Developing marketing collateral for various teams
- Attending meetings (internal and external) and reporting back with key findings
- Assisting with graphic design/creation
- Identifying creative and innovative ways of telling the story of clean energy in North Carolina
- Editing and proofreading materials
- Supporting the development of Spanish-language content
- Working with the fund development team to identify revenue generating opportunities within NCSEA’s existing communications channels
- Supporting the growth and development of the Women in Clean Energy (WICE) project through program management and tracking
Must be an undergraduate or graduate student from an accredited North Carolina university. Preferred majors include Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Environmental Studies, or relevant field. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must. Passion for and/or familiarity with sustainable energy is a plus.
Email a resume and a letter of interest to Careers@energync.org.
NCSEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. NCSEA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.