Solar Installation Technician
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 3/9/2017
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Associate's
Experience Requirement: <1 year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
A solar installation technician will assist and participate in the physical installation of residential solar roof and ground mounted arrays. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Carry modules up a ladder
- Setting up/installing racking system on roof
- Setting modules to racking
- Running conduit in attics and crawlspaces
- Pulling wire in conduit
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- OSHA 10 certification (preferred before hire but it will be required before they can start)
- General construction knowledge and/or experience along with the ability to use hand tools (drills, saws, drivers).
- Ability to work at high heights with the use of a safety harness, outdoors, in attics and crawlspaces in extreme conditions.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions that NC has to offer
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up and down a ladder
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- A four year degree in a relevant electrical/renewable energy field is preferred, but not required.
- Purchase a set of their own personal tools for work – list provided by SEM.