Commercial Solar Sales Operations Specialist
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 12/12/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
Description and Detail
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that energy efficiency and sustainable energy are a necessary part of our future? Are you excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM), a mission-driven B-Corp and leader in renewable energy, is currently seeking a full-time Commercial Solar Sales Operations Specialist to assist our commercial sales team.This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about sustainability, highly organized, a great communicator, capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously, and excited/energized by the idea of working in spreadsheets constantly. This is a great role for someone who wants to work independently, build new processes, and blaze trails on a fast growing team.
- Sales Operations and Support - your primary responsibility will be to expand our outside sales team’s capacity and success via proposal preparation, utility rate analysis, meeting scheduling, and Salesforce organization and maintenance.
- Sales Development - you’ll support the sales and marketing teams to identify, research, and nurture cold and warm leads
- Commercial Estimating - you’ll be in charge or working with our operations and sales team to develop custom estimates for solar projects
- Sales-to-Ops Handoff -- you’ll help make sure commercial projects are handed off smoothly and efficiently to our operations team and follow up with our commercial customers with project updates.
- Event Support - As a member of the sales/marketing team, you’ll need to have a flexible schedule that allows you to support the preparation and execution of occasional night and weekend events.
- Wearer of Many Hats - SEM is a small, dynamic team. As a result, you may be asked to contribute to tasks and take on responsibilities that are not covered in the list above. We need an adaptable, team player who is willing to support the team and our mission!
- Great and active communicator
- Extremely organized (like, to an almost annoying point)
- In love with Excel/Google Sheets (and also proficient in both)
- Passion for sustainability, clean energy, and energy efficiency
- Sales Experience
- Salesforce or similar CRM Experience
- Experience with Aurora solar design software
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. SEM offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, matching 401(k) and more. This position is full-time and based out of SEM’s home office in Raleigh, NC.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 15 to 30 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from people interested in having a positive impact in the world.