Organization: Electrification Coalition
Date Posted: 12/1/2019
Location: Washington, DC or North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: EV
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
Description and Detail
About The Electrification Coalition
The Electrification Coalition (EC) is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit organization committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the accelerated deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mass scale. For more than 10 years, the EC and its sister organization, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE), have sought to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil – which is currently responsible for powering 92 percent of our transportation system.
2018 and 2019 have been an exciting year for the EC where we have created and contributed to some of the most innovative public-private partnerships in transportation electrification including our work on behalf of the American Cities Climate Challenge, the award-winning Climate Mayors EV Purchasing Collaborative, the Smart City Challenge and numerous other initiatives. The EC also leads and supports a broad suite of policies and initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels that are contributing to the accelerated electrification of the transportation and mobility sector.
As we move into 2020, the EC will expand upon our strong track-record of spurring big changes in our nation’s transportation network. This new team member has the exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in the next phase of United States transportation electrification efforts.
The EC currently seeks to hire a highly skilled and innovative communications professional to join our growing team. The Communications Associate supports the EC’s communications and media outreach efforts. The new team member is responsible for supporting the EC’s communications strategy, and helping to achieve outreach goals.
Preference given to candidates in Washington, DC or North Carolina.
- Supports all EC communications including social media, online presence, newsletters, media engagement, graphics, and others.
- Supports the development of messaging and communications strategy to grow the EC brand and programs.
- Supports the development of EC outreach materials, fact sheets, and other communications tools as needed.
- Supports the development of relationships with key members of the press.
- Pitches EC storylines and spokespeople to members of the media, including broadcast, print and online outlets.
- Supports and develops EC media events and report launches. Works cross-departmentally with policy and legislative leads to ensure all events and reports meet or exceed specific outreach goals.
- Writes and edits media materials including press releases, briefing documents, talking points, memoranda, and Q&As.
- Updates EC website and program sites regularly and ensures content is current, and is responsible for driving traffic to the site.
- Supports the EC’s public relations content creation and social media outreach, ensuring the use of consistent branding and the EC’s most effective messages.
- Works cross-departmentally to continuously promote the EC’s reports and messages through speaking and conference opportunities. Provides talking points, PowerPoint presentations, and often provides direct support to the EC’s spokespeople and VIPs.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong entrepreneurial/opportunistic approach to work and programs.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or equivalent work experience encouraged.
- 3-5 years of communications and/or media relations experience in an advocacy, trade association, policy, or political field.
- Solid background in pitching reporters, creating story ideas, securing editorial board meetings, placing opinion editorials, and executing successful media relations.
- Experience in message development, media training, and crisis communications.
- Experience in building and growing a company or organization's online presence through its website and social media platforms.
- Strong understanding of the legislative process and successful media tactics that compliment legislative affairs (preferred).
- Strong relationships with key energy and energy policy reporters (preferred).
Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields or sectors: electric vehicles, energy, utility sector, new technologies, is preferred;
- An adaptable and flexible nature that can change projects quickly but still hold priorities;
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also to be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the EC;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and manage an ambitious workload.
View original posting and apply here.