Director of Origination
Organization: East Point Energy
Date Posted: 10/21/2019
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
Description and Detail
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and manage relationships with origination and off-take parties (utilities, IPP’s trading desks, etc.)
- Lead project origination and contract negotiation of project revenue contracts (e.g. tolling agreements, PPA, shared savings agreements, etc.) supported by development team (developers, legal counsel, finance, etc.)
- Create and develop a disciplined program to meet/achieve performance targets, report KPI’s to executive team
- Stay current with state and local legislative and regulatory policy relevant to battery storage.
- Manage financial models for battery storage projects using various financing structures, including understanding project value and cash flows.
- Business development and sales experience, including networking, cold calling, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Building and running financial models in Excel
- Power trading experience
- Experience and understanding of battery storage revenue contracts (e.g. tolling agreements, PPA, shared savings agreements, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information accurately and effectively, multi-task and dynamically decide key priorities
- Effective communicator of difficult or sensitive information
Characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Passion for energy development and the environment
- Creative problem-solving and solutions-oriented
- Positive attitude
- Team player and leader
- Detail oriented
Education & Experience:
- 4-year university degree, BS or BA; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of energy project development experience in development or finance
- Solid record managing origination, or business/project development teams
- Strong analytic, financial analysis and Excel modeling experience
- Strong understanding of accounting and project finance
Travel & Time Commitment:
- Expect to travel 25% of the time
- Bring a strong work ethic, and commitment to success
East Point Energy office in Charlottesville, VA
This job description is not inclusive of all requirements of the position. Employees will perform any other duties as may be required by their manager.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
View original posting here.