Electric Vehicle Specialist
Organization: Electrification Coalition
Date Posted: 12/1/2019
Location: Multiple locations will be considered
Country: United States
Primary Category: EV
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 1 to 5 years of professional experience in transportation, environmental science, local government or related field.
Description and Detail
About The Electrification Coalition
The Electrification Coalition (EC) is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit organization committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the accelerated deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mass scale. For more than 10 years, the EC and its sister organization, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE), have sought to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil – which is currently responsible for powering 92 percent of our transportation system.
2018 and 2019 have been an exciting year for the EC where we have created and contributed to some of the most innovative public-private partnerships in transportation electrification including our work on behalf of the American Cities Climate Challenge, the award-winning Climate Mayors EV Purchasing Collaborative, the Smart City Challenge and numerous other initiatives. The EC also leads and supports a broad suite of policies and initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels that are contributing to the accelerated electrification of the transportation and mobility sector.
The Electrification Coalition seeks a motivated team member to work in diverse roles through the American Cities Climate Challenge program. Activities will include supporting the EC’s program through interactions with cities in the areas of fleet electrification, EV infrastructure development, bus electrification, EV-ready building policy and consumer adoption initiatives. The EC has already fostered a substantial presence with its vehicle electrification leadership through the American Cities Climate Challenge program in more than a dozen cities across the U.S. The EC is working to facilitate the development and passage of high impact EV policies at the city level to advance the mass adoption of EVs.
- Fleet electrification support: Work with government and private fleets to understand and assess electrification opportunities and establish plans for transitioning to EVs. Assist fleets in communicating their efforts.
- Expand EV initiatives: Provide guidance to cities for non-fleet EV initiatives, such as electric buses, EV-ready policies, incentives, siting and technical components of EV charging stations, consumer adoption initiatives, dealership engagement, and EV charging hubs.
- Research and analysis: Collect and analyze data to observe and interpret trends in (for example) fleets, freight transportation electrification, electric buses, smart mobility, and other relevant topics across multiple cities;
- Coordination With Multiple Teams: Coordinate information sharing and liaise between the Electrification Coalition, assigned cities, external partner organizations and funding agencies.
- Outreach and Education: Coordinate messaging for fleet drivers, inter-departmental communications within cities, and city wins for all program partners.
- Team Support: Assist the EC’s leadership and team in other diverse roles related to work in the electric vehicle community.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to advanced transportation, environmental science, or a related field.
- Ability to monitor relevant policy changes at the city level. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, policies, procedures, and related information.
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience in transportation, environmental science, local government or related field.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, along with demonstrated editing and proofreading abilities.
- A professional and resourceful style.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An adaptable and flexible schedule.
- Ability to assemble information and create written reports and documents in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate a detail-orientation and thoroughness to assignments and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to creatively propose ideas and solutions that contribute to achieving electrification objectives
- Strong entrepreneurial/opportunistic approach to work and programs.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields or sectors: electric vehicles, energy, utility sector, new technologies, is preferred;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational, human relations and technical skills.
- Experience with domestic business travel preferred.
View original posting and apply here.