Home Energy Modeling Specialist
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 12/12/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
Description and Detail
Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘lead the change’ by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working independently and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen‘ attitude? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a full-time team member responsible for creating digital models of residential homes. Using floor plans, the team member will create a model that will be used to analyze the home’s energy usage, the ideal heating and cooling systems, and identifying areas for improvement for the home builder, our customer.
This is a flexible work space position. The team member will have the option to work from the office or from their home.
This position relies heavily on the use of computer software. This would include, but is not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Autodesk estimating programs, Wrighsoft for HVAC design, REScheck and more. Up to 95% of your time will be spent on a computer, with the remaining time spent collaborating with fellow team members and clients.
- Identify, measure, and record specific details using construction plans
- Build energy models using home energy rating software
- HVAC load design including manual J, S, and D
- Use energy models to confirm code compliance and high performance certification programs (Energy Star, NC HERO, etc)
- Consult with internal account managers and project managers on results of models and designs.
- Consult with clients on the results of models, including providing solutions on ways to improve based on their expectations.
- Self motivated to hit production targets and willingness to work in a highly transparent work environment.
- Strong geometry and math skills
- Experience, education, or training in High Performance residential construction
- Strong computer and software skills
- Experience with HERS ratings and modeling software preferred.
- Experience with HVAC load sizing and design preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD or equivalent preferred
- A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of Southern Energy Management is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and digital
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to read, decipher, and understand construction plans and documents
How to Apply
View originally posting and apply here.