Intern - Summer 2020
Organization: North Carolina's Governor's Office
Date Posted: 3/16/20120
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Summer Internship
Description and Detail
Graduate Climate Change Summer Intern at the North Carolina Office of the Governor
The North Carolina Office of the Governor is receiving applications from graduate students interested in a full-time summer internship in 2020. The intern will work in the Policy Office with the climate change policy advisor to advance the state’s climate change policy and transition to a clean economy. The intern will provide research and policy analysis to help implement the Governor’s Executive Order No. 80, evaluate state legislation, and develop new policy pathways. While the intern will focus largely on these topics, they also will contribute to other activities of the Governor’s Office and interact with the policy director and other staff in the administration.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently while knowing when to request input
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Professional judgement that enables self-directed research and maintenance of confidentiality
- Ability to clearly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information for written and oral presentation
Applicants should be currently enrolled in a graduate program and able to secure funding for the position. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Bailey Recktenwald (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Policy Office of the North Carolina Governor’s Office by March 20, 2020.