Junior Energy Analyst
Organization: Novatus Energy
Date Posted: 11/1/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
Description and Detail
To Apply, please click here.
About the Company
Novatus Energy is a renewable energy platform that owns a portfolio of utility-scale operating wind and solar projects in the U.S. The Novatus Energy portfolio currently includes 7 wind projects and 25 solar PV projects. Novatus Energy has a presence in 11 states and operates across five (5) regional transmission organizations (ISO-NE, ERCOT, CAISO, MISO, and SPP). Headquartered in New York City, Novatus Energy is wholly-owned by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management. See www.novatusenergy.com for more information.
Manage invoicing and settlement activities related to power markets and bilateral contracts while supporting the commercial team in other areas of portfolio management.
- Understand and stay current on ISO and trading settlement rules and processes with a detailed understanding of all charge types, its calculations and components and market corrections and redesigns.
- Create process for and perform revenue reconciliation of assets including shadow settlements with associated power pools such as ERCOT and ISO-New England; identify, submit and track disputes.
- Compile and verify data to generate reporting and invoices for payment processing.
- Perform analysis of identified variances monthly and investigate.
- Partner with Accounting to validate third party invoices related to ISO’s and bilateral counterparties.
- Understand reporting requirements and manage submission of FERC Electric Quarterly Report (EQR) filings
- Create efficiencies in process workflows, develop opportunities for automation.
- Function as scheduling back-up to Energy Analyst.
- Support Energy Analyst in evaluation of ERCOT Congestion Revenue Rights (CRRs), ISO-NE Financial Transmission Rights (FTRs), or congestion hedges in other markets.
- Support Renewable Energy Credit (REC) trades, tracking, deliveries, invoices, and compliance with state and Green-e rules.
- Manage contract compliance in hedges and power purchase agreements (PPAs).
- Other duties as assigned.
The Profile to Succeed
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or Finance preferred. Experience may substitute for degree.
- One (1) - three (3) years’ experience in energy markets required, power strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in energy markets: modeling, invoicing, or settlements.
- Knowledge of fundamental wholesale energy market analysis, capacity markets, and REC markets.
- Knowledge of electricity markets in North America, specifically ISO-New England and ERCOT.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data from various sources, understand issues, and identify solutions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of company personnel and external customers.
- Keen multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
The Novatus Energy team is collaborative, dedicated, hard-working, and down to earth. The management team is comprised of seasoned industry professionals supported by experienced project operators and advisors.
The Work Environment
The position functions in a smoke and vaping free professional office environment. The role routinely utilizes standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, and scanner/photocopier.
The Total Rewards
Novatus Energy total rewards philosophy is motivated by a key tenet of valuing team members and offers associates a comprehensive total rewards package which includes market competitive compensation, health/life insurance, and retirement savings benefits.
Novatus Management, LLC is an EOE/Veterans/Disability employer.