Donor Relations Specialist
Date Posted: 10/28/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2+ years
Description and Detail
Reporting to the Director of Development & Market Innovation, the Donor Relations Specialist will advance NCSEA’s mission and revenue by playing a key role in donor development. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing a wide range of activities associated with donor development, including researching and tracking donor data, cultivating strong relationships with current and prospective donors, carrying out donor development strategies, and working across all teams to ensure the successful implementation and integration of strategies throughout the organization.
- Donor Strategy: Assist with establishing and maintaining a Donor Development Plan, outlining key development goals, strategies, timelines and budgets; work with other teams to develop a philanthropic culture across the organization.
- Donor Cultivation: Help donors achieve their philanthropic goals through investment in our mission; maintain and deepen our relationships with existing, long-term donors; perform research and analysis to identify prospective donors; cultivate relationships with new and prospective donors at all levels; work with teams to involve donors in our program work; take ownership of the donor portfolio, from strategic planning and prospecting to soliciting and stewarding.
- Marketing: Collaborate with Development and Communications Teams to create engaging donor collateral materials.
- Development Support: Organize, attend, and document development meetings with prospective donors; assist with donor communications, preparation of materials, and related tasks; provide strategic input on events and initiatives and support their execution; assist in other revenue building initiatives, such as membership and annual events.
- Stewardship: Facilitate activities related to the stewardship of donors; write and send thank you letters; keep donors updated on the progress and impact of their donations; communicate with donors regularly and involve them in NCSEA’s work where appropriate.
- Processes and Systems: Create and document development processes; analyze existing processes and recommend improvements; ensure all donor intel and engagement is tracked and used strategically to inform development initiatives.
- BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or similar field
- Masters degree preferred; will consider work experience in lieu of advanced degree
- 5+ years of development experience, with a minimum of 2 years in major donor development
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office; Office 365 and CRM database experience preferred
- Familiarity with the clean energy sector preferred
- Able to travel up to 20%, with some overnight travel
- Demonstrated research, analysis, and database skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, relationship building, and negotiation skills, including experience working with individuals in both internal and external leadership roles
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of development, including major donor development strategies
Benefits and Perks:
NCSEA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, vision and dental plans, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, professional development, and a flexible, supportive work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
NCSEA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. NCSEA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please submit your resume, letter of interest, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.