Organization: Electrification Coalition
Date Posted: 12/1/2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Primary Category: EV
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 5+ years
Description and Detail
About The Electrification Coalition
The Electrification Coalition (EC) is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit organization committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the accelerated deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mass scale. For more than 10 years, the EC and its sister organization, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE), have sought to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil – which is currently responsible for powering 92 percent of our transportation system.
2018 and 2019 have been exciting years for the EC, where we have created and contributed to some of the most innovative public-private partnerships in transportation electrification including our work on behalf of the American Cities Climate Challenge, the award-winning Climate Mayors EV Purchasing Collaborative, the Smart City Challenge and numerous other initiatives. The EC also leads and supports a broad suite of policies and initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels that are contributing to the accelerated electrification of the transportation and mobility sector.
As we move into 2020, the EC is launching several new programs which will expand upon our track-record of successful policy and implementation efforts. In order to meet this expanding work, the EC is looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join the team in several newly announced positions that will help electrify our transportation future.
The EC is seeking a State Policy Manager. The Manager coordinates the planning and execution of projects and policy that support the accelerated adoption of plug-in electric vehicles. This position works with multiple corporate and public sector partners, consultants, and staff, working closely with all stakeholders to ensure continued progress toward EV-friendly policies. The Manager is responsible for executing tasks and deliverables that will meet or exceed project metrics, ensuring that key processes and outcomes are completed.
Preference given to candidates willing to work in our priority states/locations: Including but not limited to; Washington DC, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- Execution of the Project Planning, Goal Setting, Strategic Coordination, Resource Management and Tracking: Lead the management of select projects, which includes adherence to program budgets, implementing a strategic process, evaluating and adjusting the plan, and reporting.
- Remote Team Participation: Responsible for managing remote staff, interns and consultants that are resourced to the project.
- Policy Leadership: Manage opportunity analyses for EV fleets to guide stakeholder engagement and show the rational and impacts for different policy options based on different metrics.
- Policy Roadmapping and Case Studies: Lead the development of EV Roadmaps and case studies for target states, which establish the specific policies needed to successfully accelerate EV adoption and create near-term strategies to create immediate policy momentum.
- Mobilizing Stakeholders: Contribute to customized technical and policy training in each state where a Roadmap is completed to bring together key stakeholders.
- Initiative Deployment and Network Activation: Launch implementation programs in strategic locations that will help build political support, influence key decision makers in the states, and help to increase public/private investment in electrification.
- Coordination within SAFE/EC Departments to Support Program Goals: Coordinating within multiple departments to meet defined goals/timelines.
- Outreach and Expanding Partnerships: Manage a portfolio of diverse partner organizations. This will also include participating in and presenting at conferences, events and webinars, and evaluating collaborative opportunities with external organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the EV market, and existing state/industry relationships.
- At least 5 years of experience coordinating policy initiatives from creation to completion.
- Direct project and policy management/development experience.
- Direct experience coordinating or supporting all parts of a policy campaign: communications, administrative, planning, budgeting, partner recruitment, events, and political relationships.
- Experience coordinating field-based policy networks that work to actively engage a broad stakeholder community.
- Strong ability to work with partners that represent broad interests including government staff and elected officials, corporations, non-profit groups, academia, and volunteers.
- Strong ability to develop and manage partnerships and relationships at multiple levels.
- Ability to manage program staff, consultants, and interns.
Professional Skills and Qualities
- Strong entrepreneurial/opportunistic approach to work and programs.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields or sectors: electric vehicles, utility sector, new technologies, is preferred.
- Experience with proof of concept or demonstration projects.
- An adaptable and flexible nature that can change projects quickly but still hold priorities.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also to be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of SAFE/EC.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
View original posting and apply here.