Organization: Southeastern Wind Coalition
Date Posted: 11/1/2019
Location: Virginia or North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Wind
Experience Requirement: Entry Level
About the Company
The Southeastern Wind Coalition (SEWC) is a non-profit coalition of industry, universities, government, and utilities working to advance the land-based and offshore wind industry in the Southeastern U.S. We take a business-minded and economics focused approach to building the case for wind energy, working closely with Southeastern utilities via our Utility Advisory Group. We are passionate about growing the wind industry in the Southeast. Additionally, SEWC is beginning to explore energy storage with the goal to provide similar outreach and education for this important technology. More information is available on our website at http://www.sewind.org.
Description and Detail
The Program Associate will be an integral part of all SEWC operations and programming. This includes leading various outreach and education efforts, establishing relationships with stakeholders, grant applications and reporting, member communications, and all other aspects of the business. You will be a key staff member in a small, energetic, and mission-driven organization with an entrepreneurial culture. Can-do attitudes and self-starters will fit well. This position reports to the President and works closely with the Manager of Operations.
- Position will cover the southeast region but will focus in particular states depending on geographic location.
- Location in Virginia or North Carolina preferred.
- Works with SEWC staff to educate/convene stakeholders and decision-makers
- Create/maintain contacts with various stakeholders including local governments, state/federal agencies, universities, NGOs, wind industry supply chain companies, wind developers, utilities, economic developers.
- Create outreach documents and resources to be used by partners.
- Assist partners with education and outreach activities in their states.
- Manage or assist in planning for regional events.
- Provide support for Utility Advisory Group and other coalition efforts.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects and tasks, work effectively with good direction but little supervision, and know when to ask for help.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to set priorities, work effectively from home, and maintain a positive attitude.
- A passion for seeing the clean energy industry grow and helping to make it happen.
- Must be capable of developing strong professional relationships with a broad range of stakeholders (industry, non-profits, government, policy-makers) especially via phone and email.
- Ability to learn & understand technical and sometimes complex aspects of wind energy, policies, and utility markets and be comfortable conveying that information clearly to others.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
Nice to Haves
- Clean energy, wind energy, and/or storage industry experience preferred.
- Experience organizing partners, convening stakeholders, facilitating discussions, and gaining consensus.
- Experience and connections in the Southeastern U.S.
- Competitive non-profit entry-level salary
- SEWC is based in Raleigh, NC but does not have office space. Employee will work from home, ideally in the Triangle NC or Richmond, VA areas. Exceptions will be made for candidates in the Southeast with the right qualifications.
- Travel averages 1-2 short trips each month, primarily in the Southeast.
How to Apply
- Pitch yourself in 250 words or less in an email to email@example.com
- Attach your resume and include “Program Associate” in the subject line.
- Email containing your “pitch” and resume/CV must be received by November 15, 2019.