Program Manager - EV State Policy and Implementation Programs
Organization: Electrification Coalition
Date Posted: 12/1/2019
Location: Preference given to candidates willing to work in our priority states/locations: Including but not limited to; Washington DC, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
Country: United States
Primary Category: EV
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 3+ years
Description and Detail
About The Electrification Coalition
The Electrification Coalition (EC) is a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit organization committed to promoting policies and actions that facilitate the accelerated deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) on a mass scale. For more than 10 years, the EC and its sister organization, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE), have sought to reduce our nation’s dependence on oil – which is currently responsible for powering 92 percent of our transportation system.
2018 and 2019 have been an exciting year for the EC where we have created and contributed to some of the most innovative public-private partnerships in transportation electrification including our work on behalf of the American Cities Climate Challenge, the award-winning Climate Mayors EV Purchasing Collaborative, the Smart City Challenge and numerous other initiatives. The EC also leads and supports a broad suite of policies and initiatives at the federal, state, and local levels that are contributing to the accelerated electrification of the transportation and mobility sector.
As we move into 2020, the EC is launching several new programs which will expand upon our track-record of successful policy and implementation efforts. In order to meet this expanding work, the EC is looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join the team in several newly announced positions that will help electrify our transportation future.
The Program Managers have daily oversight of the programs, policies, and actions planning to support the accelerated adoption of plug-in electric vehicles through the EC’s multi-stakeholder fleet electrification and consumer adoption efforts. These positions will lead teams of staff working to increase electric bus adoption, and to accelerate policy actions at the city and state level across the U.S. The Program Managers integrate the activities of EC staff, multiple external partners, and consultants. The Program Managers also share their deep technical expertise both across the team and by presenting at conferences and events to increase the presence of the organization in the broader electric vehicle community. The positions will involve frequent business travel.
Preference given to candidates willing to work in our priority states/locations: Including but not limited to; Washington DC, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- Support, Develop, Manage and Monitor Projects- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to support the EC’s mission and priority programs.
- Develop and Manage Deadlines, Budgets and Activities- Create step-by-step plans and assign tasks in order to meet defined programmatic goals and associated deadlines.
- Lead and Evaluate Program Staff- Serve as manager for programs including day-to-day, week-to-week planning and coordination, strategies to overcome challenges, problem solving, performance monitoring and other management activities.
- Coordinate Cross-Project Activities- Ensure strong communication and coordination with other EC managers and occasionally with SAFE staff.
- Prepare Reports for Program Directors- Aggregate data and program activities each month for report-outs to EC leadership as well as funders.
- Communications, Outreach, and Public Relations- Contribute to development of core messaging for public-facing materials including online content, case studies, national publications and partner assets.
- Outreach and Expanding Partnerships: Manage a portfolio of diverse partner organizations and/or organizing consultants. Will also include participating in and presenting at conferences, events and webinars, and evaluating collaborative opportunities with external organizations.
- State and Local Policy Engagement: Support engagement and actions at the state and city levels.
- Organizational Growth: Contribute to the ambitious mission of the EC with creativity and big ideas.
Program Skills and Qualifications
- Strong entrepreneurial/opportunistic approach to work and management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent work experience encouraged.
- 3+ years of experience coordinating multiple campaigns/programs from creation to completion.
- Direct project management and program development experience.
- Experience coordinating national programs that work to actively engage a broad stakeholder community.
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships at multiple levels across multiple sectors.
- Direct experience coordinating or supporting all parts of a program: communications, administrative, planning, budgeting, partner recruitment, events, and government relations.
- Strong ability to manage diverse partnerships that represent broad interests including corporations, non-profit groups, academia, and volunteers toward meeting shared objectives.
- Experience managing multiple program elements, staff and consultants.
Additional Skills and Qualities
- Prior experience in one or more of the following fields or sectors: electric vehicles, utility sector, new technologies, is preferred.
- Experience with proof of concept or demonstration projects.
- An adaptable and flexible nature that can change projects quickly but still hold priorities.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also to be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the EC.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A professional and resourceful style—the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks at a time.
View original posting and apply here.