Solar Design/Estimate Coordinator
Organization: Sundance Power Systems
Date Posted: 6/27/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description and Detail
Are you a motivated individual yearning to be part of an ever-growing, heart centered, renewable energy organization?
If so, Sundance Power Systems is seeking qualified applicants to fill our Design/Estimate Coordinator Position!! Sundance Power Systems, Inc. is a leading Southeast renewable energy firm located in Asheville NC.
Our company culture is unique in that we are a mission-driven organization with a hearty desire to bring energy independence to the people. We are a team-based organization that works closely together to ensure high quality design and installation services as well as customer service! We greatly respect and highly value our fellow Sundancers, so please only serious applicants with proper qualifications apply! Overview: The Design/Estimate Coordinator (DEC) is a central position at Sundance, reporting to the General Manager and overseeing the design of solar PV, solar thermal, radiant floor heating and other renewable energy systems. The DEC’s primary objective is to provide commercial, residential and bid work sales with accurate estimates, design schematics, and drawings. The DEC also plays the critical role of staying current with new developments in all applicable codes, components & related technology. The DEC position will include training and quality control activities in the field.
- 3-4 years of experience with and knowledge of Renewable Energy and/or Hydronic Heating Systems designs, the associated components, code issues and installation experience is required.
- Advanced computer literacy of MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) Helioscope plus internet research skills are required. Experience with CAD software a plus.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to visualize over the phone, or through pictures, to design systems or trouble-shoot issues from field
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess the importance of a phone call, email, or document and take appropriate action to involve the appropriate people
- Self-motivation and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, integrity, sound judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year