Solar PV Electrician
Organization: NC Solar Now
Date Posted: 11/8/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Description and Detail
NC Solar Now is one of the largest solar installation companies in North Carolina. We install residential and commercial solar systems including battery backup and thermal systems. We strive for the highest quality installations.
Employees must meet at our Raleigh office daily. Do not apply for remote or temp employment. Applicants must attach a resume with their Indeed application or will not be considered for interviews. Applicants must have a driver license and be insurable.
The Solar Electrician will be responsible for connecting the PV system to the building electrical system. The installation will require an understanding of the NEC code as well as an understanding of D/C wiring system and A/C wiring systems operating at 240 and 208 volts.
- Coordinate and communicate weekly/daily schedules
- Planning and prepping for electrical installations.
- Handle staging, layout and all aspects of the electrical installation
- Collaborate with our Project Managers and Installers
- Be responsible for personal tools and equipment needed to complete jobs
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards along with company policies
- Be able to take instruction and follow directions
- Installation from the PV system down to the interconnection point
- Roof work will be required at times
- Electrical licensing is a plus but not required
- Understanding and use of the NEC code book
- Understanding of construction procedures and materials
- Understanding of 240 and 208V electrical systems
- Understanding of D/C electrical systems
- Understanding of electrical safety
- Comfortable with ladders and heights
- Clean driving record, current license, and personal transportation
- Able to work in challenging and physically demanding environments
- Flexible and able to adapt to onsite conditions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer interaction when dealing with clients
- Ability to work well with other and uphold the team mentality
- Basic computer knowledge is a plus (Excel, Word, Google Drive, CAD)
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly
View original posting and apply here.