Sustainability Program Manager
Organization: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Date Posted: 3/16/2017
Location: Washington, DC
Type of Position: Full-Time
Description and Detail
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
U.S. Citizenship required.
Our mission is to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal, state, municipal, and international agencies and partners. Public service is a public trust. For the FBI, this means that the public has committed to our care the safety of our nation and the defense of our Constitution. To sustain that trust and to meet our resulting obligations, we must adhere strictly to our core values of rigorous obedience to the Constitution, respect, compassion, fairness, integrity, accountability, and leadership. This position serves as the Sustainability Program Manager for all of the FBI’s facilities and operations, within the Occupational Safety and Environmental Programs Unit. The FBI strives to be a leader within the federal government in environmental performance and sustainable operations.
- Provide strategic direction and implementation for FBI’s Sustainability Program to include developing policy and guidance; providing training and outreach; and coordinating with representatives from FBI facilities to implement sustainability and environmental initiatives in accordance with federal requirements and FBI’s goal to be a leader within the federal government in environmental performance and sustainable operations
- Lead FBI’s High Performance & Sustainable Buildings Program and coordinate with project teams to meet federal sustainable design & construction requirements―as well as LEED certification―in FBI construction and renovations Bureau-wide
- Provide strategic direction for FBI’s sustainable acquisitions program, coordinating with procurement officials to improve compliance with federal sustainable acquisitions guidelines and advising on contract language that gives preference to environmentally preferable products and services
- Lead FBI’s waste diversion program, working with FBI facilities to reduce waste and improve municipal solid waste diversion practices; coordinating an annual data call to the Department of Justice; managing FBI’s Recycling Proceeds Recoupment program; conducting outreach and education; and exploring organics composting opportunities
- Coordinate with Department of Justice, Department of Energy, and FBI functions on climate resilience strategies, planning, and requirements
- In coordination with FBI Environmental Team, liaise with Department of Justice, Department of Energy’s Federal Energy Management Program, and other federal partners on efficiency and sustainability opportunities
- Assist in the implementation of facility-related Environmental Management Systems
- Up to 10% travel possible
- Ability to independently research and develop policies, guidance, and procedures on various environmental topics in coordination with various stakeholders
- Working knowledge of federal environmental laws and Executive Orders
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to operate as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to present to executives and provide training; familiarity with adult educational development preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Outlook)