Outside Solar Sales Associate
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 1/10/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Experience Requirement: 1 year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you.
Southern Energy Management (SEM), a mission-driven B-Corp and leader in renewable energy, is currently seeking a full-time Outside Sales Associate to support its energy efficiency and solar energy teams in the Raleigh, NC and surrounding market. Proud to be one of the first sustainable energy companies to certify as a B-Corporation, our mission is to change the way people make and use energy.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Perform on-site assessments to evaluate solar system potential
- Gauge customer values, needs and wants and sell the SEM brand
- Work with builders, builder's real estate agents, and new home buyers to sell them residential solar systems
- Educate real estate sales agents on benefits of solar
- Generate sales proposals and basic solar system designs
- Present the benefits of solar PV to homeowners in-home and advance the sale
- Maintain an updated sales pipeline for reporting purposes
- Meet or exceed sale conversion targets as set by the sales and marketing director
- obtain referrals from existing customer base
- Participate in SEM marketing events, including public presentations
- Self generate opportunities through neighborhood marketing, trade events, etc
- At least one year of previous outside sales experience in a solar sales role (B2C) preferred
- New home real estate sales experience preferred
- Builder sales experience preferred
- Ability to effectively manage full sales pipelines and advance opportunities to a sale
- Comfort with selling a premium product ranging from $15,000 - $40,000
- Firm grasp of solar system design and installation parameters.
- Firm grasp on key financial metrics (ROI, IRR, etc)
- Ability to manage time well to meet deadlines, goals and quotas
- Ability to build relationships with existing customers and generate referrals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.com (or other CRM)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated and driven to succeed in selling sustainable clean energy solutions
- Knowledge of home building standards and key principles in home energy usage
- Ability to work independently and self motivate
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. SEM offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, 401(k) and more. This position is based out of Raleigh, NC.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.