Organization: Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service
Date Posted: 4/25/2019
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs. Complete a Staff Application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. The position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Ashley Cochran, Academic Recruiter at email@example.com.
Description and Detail
The Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service is seeking an energetic and organized Project Associate familiar with state and local planning and budgeting in Virginia. The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating and managing programs to assist local planning official in siting renewable energy facilities in Virginia and to assist the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget in the development of its “budget drivers” project. The Weldon Cooper Center supports independent research and provides careful and balanced economic analysis of public policy issues affecting Virginia and beyond.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Investigate best practices in renewables siting in other states.
- Work with Virginia local officials to determine their needs in assisting with renewables siting and overcoming barriers.
- Engage localities and other interested parties to develop reliable, evidence-based information and resources on renewable technology facilities.
- Develop information resources to assist localities in accommodating renewables in their planning processes and models.
- Assess state policies as they affect local renewables siting in the state.
- Assist the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget in the development of its “budget drivers” project.
- Organize staff resources for carrying out the analysis and addressing the data needs to satisfy DPB requirements in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with at least two years of experience. Preference will be given to candidates with five years or more of experience.
- Advanced training and experience in urban planning and regional development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in local and regional planning in Virginia.
- Ability to coordinate staff and resources to carry out time-sensitive projects.
View job online here.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.