Seasonal Solar Installation Technician
Organization: Southern Energy Management
Date Posted: 10/11/2018
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Associate's
Experience Requirement: < 1 year
How to Apply
Please apply through Fitzii with this link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/35435?s=c8
Southern Energy Management is a North & South Carolina leader in residential solar installations and we are looking to hire (3) new Solar Installation Technicians. The job is a Seasonal, Full-time position. This position is not eligible for Company group insurance, benefits (or any other health and welfare benefits). A Seasonal position is not eligible for any other Company benefits (paid time off, etc). This job will be based out of our Raleigh, NC office with around 25% of time being spent out of town working remotely in both NC and SC. Candidates should expect to be out of town at least 1 week out of the month. This job will end on December 31, 2018.
Duties and Experience:
Do you love helping other people succeed and want to ‘be the change’ by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that renewable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Do you enjoy working with a team and owning your results? Do you welcome a challenge with a ‘make it happen ‘attitude? If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
A solar installation technician will assist and participate in the physical installation of residential solar roof and ground mounted arrays. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Carry modules up a ladder
- Setting up/installing racking system on roof
- Setting modules to racking
- Running conduit in attics and crawlspaces
- Pulling wire in conduit
- OSHA 10 certification (preferred before hire but it will be required before they can start)
- General construction knowledge and/or experience along with the ability to use hand tools (drills, saws, drivers).
- Ability to work at high heights with the use of a safety harness, outdoors, in attics and crawlspaces in extreme conditions.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions that NC has to offer
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up and down a ladder
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- A four year degree in a relevant electrical/renewable energy field is preferred, but not required.
- Purchase a set of their own personal tools for work – list provided by SEM.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.