Organization: Yes Solar Solutions
Date Posted: 2/17/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: < 1 years
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Yes Solar Solutions is hiring for a variety of solar Energy Specialists, including Outside Sales, Inside Residential Sales and Commercial Sales. All candidates should have a desire to advocate for solar and energy storage and a commitment to the customer and to the team. All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, and some sales experience.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Inside and Outside Solar Sales/ Residential Requirements
- Generate sales proposals and basic solar system designs
- Present the benefits of solar PV to homeowners in-home and advance the sale
- Maintain an updated sales pipeline for reporting purposes
- Meet or exceed sale conversion targets as set by the sales and marketing director
- obtain referrals from existing customer base
- Participate in marketing events, including public presentations
- Self generate opportunities through neighborhood marketing, trade events, etc
- At least one year of previous outside sales experience in a solar sales role (B2C) preferred
- Ability to effectively manage full sales pipelines and advance opportunities to a sale
- Comfort with selling a premium product ranging from $15,000 – $40,000
- Firm grasp of solar system design and installation parameters.
- Firm grasp on key financial metrics (ROI, IRR, etc)
- Ability to manage time well to meet deadlines, goals and quotas
- Ability to build relationships with existing customers and generate referrals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce.com (or other CRM)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated and driven to succeed in selling sustainable clean energy solutions
- Knowledge of home building standards and key principles in home energy usage
- Ability to work independently and self motivate
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. We offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, 401(k) and more.
Commercial Solar Sales Requirements
- Identify, prospect, generate and develop new sales leads and new referrals, in addition to those leads provided by Marketing.
- Perform prequalification phone calls, obtain basic site information, Google earth of site and provide client preliminary system sizing, incentive and utility interconnection options and provide insight into SREC markets.
- Once prequalified, schedule client meeting and site visit, educate client, generate proposal.
- Review proposal with client, follow up, secure contracts.
- Maintain CRM
- Coordinate contract documents, project handoff to Operations and Construction.
- Provide clients with the expertise that builds the credibility, trust and the client relationship that drives a successful sales process.
- Setup and coordinate post project communication, follow-ups or outstanding deliverables needed to complete clients request as projects move towards contract negotiation.
- Have a keen awareness of the client’s needs and decision-making process.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and business ethics as required by Yes
- Have strong communication skills to individual clients and in presentations to groups
- Travel as necessary and support special projects as requested, trade shows, exhibits, company events, which may or may not be within the normal operating hours.
- 4-year college degree in Business, Management, Sustainability or Engineering preferred.
- Experience performing financial calculations (ROI, IRR,) is preferred
- Construction background or project management experience in a technical sales environment
- Contract negotiation experience.
- More than one year of sales/marketing within a sales organization.
- Effective problem solving skill.
- Flexibility in schedule and workweek.
- Highly organized.
- Aptitude to learn a technical sales process.
- Proficient with computers: MS Office, Outlook and a Customer Relationship Management system experience preferred, preferably Zoho, SketchUp
- Professional appearance (hair, beard, personal hygiene, clothing) strong communicator and the ability to work and speak directly to potential clients.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to pass background check and/or drug test.
- NABCEP Technical Sales certification with 18 months.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.