Organization: Yes Solar Solutions
Date Posted: 2/17/2019
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: < 1 year
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Yes Solar Solutions is hiring solar installers who have some construction, electrical or solar experience and want to work in a growing industry for a family-owned business. Our solar technicians have the opportunity to learn not only how to install rooftop and ground mount solar for both residential and commercial clients, but we also cross train installers in solar service, electrical and warranty troubleshooting. This is a full-time position reporting to our Cary, N.C. office every day, so a clean driver’s license and reliable transportation is a must. Salary, training, paid time off, health and dental plans.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Read, understand, and implement the plans as laid out by the Construction Manager (structural and electrical)
- Assist electrician in running all electrical components. This includes DC and AC conductors and conduit; Cat5; mounting and wiring the inverters and disconnects; breakers; load side taps; junction boxes; combiner boxes; batteries; charge controllers; and any other electrical components not listed above
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work within a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal.
- Ability to accurately relay information from PM to installation crew and vice-versa.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact and maintain personal relationship with wide variety of clients (Builders, Owners, Inspections Dept, Utility, Solar Crew)
- High level of computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and dependable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds alone and 35 pounds up a ladder unassisted
- High school or GED (Bachelor’s Degree in a related field a plus)
- Understanding of Solar team operations both in office and in field
- Entry level NABCEP Solar PV Installer certification, earn certification within two years
- Understanding and implementation of the NEC (National Electric Code)
- Willingness to contribute where needed/ Strong interest in renewable energy
- Minimal experience with CAD, SketchUp or other drawing software
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- Previous solar experience is a plus.
We work in a non-smoking environment
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.