Organization: Direct Solar Servies
Date Posted: 10/19/2018
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Primary Category: Solar
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School/GED
Experience Requirement: 2-3 years
How to Apply
Description and Detail
Direct Solar Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Direct Power, Inc.. Founded in 1994 to provide DC Power and Critical Power Services, the Company has grown by providing comprehensive solutions to industries such as Solar PV, where power viability and network connectivity is imperative. Our scope of experience matched with our dedication to quality service is what has allowed us to evolve and serve the business sectors we support today. Direct Solar Services is entirely focused on servicing the needs of the utility-scale solar industry from providing O&M services to Battery Energy Storage Solutions.
Take direction from supervisor to assist in the servicing and maintenance of utility-scale solar sites. Candidate will be teamed with an experienced solar field service technician to support the job scope. Hands on work in conjunction with additional training will allow candidate to develop into a certified solar field service technician based on personal goals and objectives. Applying electrical trade skills and initiative to accomplish the following job tasks:
- Work in a safe and effective manner
- Comprehend directions and conduct tasks as directed
- Take initiative to anticipate next steps and proactively assist lead tech
- Apply problem solving skills to identifying and resolving issues at hand
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate shall have some limited experience within electrical field. Additional beneficially attained qualifications include:
- Prior experience with installation or maintenance of solar sites
- Knowledge of hand tool use
- Understanding of OSHA safe work place practices and procedure / OSHA 10 certification
- Hard worker
- Positive attitude
- Inspires to develop a career in the electrical trade
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Prefer some electrical experience but will train the right persons
- Ability to read and understand electrical single-line and three-line diagrams
- Willingness to travel 75% of time
- Pass Background, Drug Test and clean MVR driving record
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds regularly unassisted
- Work outdoors in elements
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. USI may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USI provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.